Cinescape Magazine is a look at film, tv, comics, video games, and 70's, 80's and 90's nostalgia from the perspective of two normal average joe's that just love movies, in whatever form they come in.
10. Director Steven Spielberg approached Gene Wilder about appearing in the film. Wilder respectfully declined, by dying.
9. On August 11, 2015, a rumor began circulating that Steven Spielberg was "courting" Gene Wilder to play OASIS creator James Halliday, which would've made this the first film Wilder has done since 1999. However, Wilder guest starred as Elmer on Yo Gabba Gabba!(2007).
8. The Zemeckis cube is named after director Robert Zemeckis.
7. The film involves finding "Easter eggs" (hidden references), and the film itself opened on Easter weekend.
6. Tye Sheridan plays a character that spends a significant portion of the film wearing a gadget over his eyes, just like his character, Cyclops in X-Men: Apocalypse (2016).
5. The "Zemeckis Cube" is actually a Rubic's cube, an homage to Robert Zemeckis as is the use of Wade's Delorean in the Oasis.
4. A reference to Spielberg can be found in the first part of the race where the T-Rex from Jurassic Park pops up with the familiar growling sound and appearance.
3. The film's taglines are "A better reality awaits.", "Break Free", and "An adventure too big for the real world".
2. Known in Poland only as "Player One", because "Ready" is not in the Polish language.
1. "Ready Player One" is a phrase from the days of classic video games.
The film is directed by Steven Spielberg who is referenced (along with some of his movies) in Ernest Cline's source novel. Spielberg had stated that he would remove these references, although some like the Delorean and a Tyrannosaurus Rex do appear.
Christopher Nolan, Robert Zemeckis, Matthew Vaughn, Peter Jackson, and Edgar Wrightwere all considered to direct this film.
Ready Player One (2018)
PG-13 | 2h 20min | Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi | 29 March 2018 (USA)
When the creator of a virtual reality world called the OASIS dies, he releases a video in which he challenges all OASIS users to find his Easter Egg, which will give the finder his fortune.
Director: Steven Spielberg
Writers: Zak Penn (screenplay by), Ernest Cline (screenplay by)